1:The Dulce Base
Starting in 1979, Bennewitz became convinced he was intercepting electronic communications from alien spacecraft and installations outside of Albuquerque. By the 1980s he believed he had discovered an underground base near Dulce. The story spread rapidly within the UFO community and by 1990, UFOlogist John Lear claimed he had independent confirmations of the base’s existence.
Political scientist Michael Barkun writes that Cold War underground missile installations in the area gave superficial plausibility to the rumors, making the Dulce base story an “attractive legend” within UFOlogy. According to Barkun, claims about experiments on abductees and firefights between aliens and the Delta Force place the Dulce legend “well outside even the most far-fetched reports of secret underground bases.”
The most popular tool used in the station of HAARP, is a tool to study the ionosphere – a powerful radio transmitter operating on short waves (HF). It is used for temporary excitation (magnetizing) of a limited area of the ionosphere. Other instruments, such as VHF and UHF radar, magnetometer energy flow and induction magnetometer, are used to study the physical processes occurring in the excited zone.
Conspiracy theorists blamed HAARP in causal connection with a number of events, including numerous natural disasters. Various scholars commented that HAARP is an attractive thought for conspiracy because “its goals seem deeply mysterious to those who are scientifically uninformed.”
Plant 42 is an United States Air Force facility. It is the Antelope Valley’s second-largest employer, and is owned by Wright-Patterson AFB but operated by a Geographically Separated Component of Edwards Air Force Base, 23 miles north east of the airport. Most of the facilities are operated by private contractors and serve as a manufacturing plant for aircraft used by the United States and their allies’ militaries.
Plant 42 has 300 000 square meters of industrial space and has a replacement value of $1.1 billion. Some of the plant’s work involves production of spare parts for military aircraft, with other projects including maintenance and modification of aircraft such as the B-2 Spirit bomber and production of the Global Hawk and other unmanned craft.
The base was declared a prohibited area and all cars traveling in the vicinity are vigilantly monitored by military posts on the hills. There are road signs that warn that photography is prohibited and that the use of lethal weapons is permitted under the Act of 1950 for internal security (1950 McCarran Internal Security Act). Route 375 in the area is called “Extraterrestrial Highway”. In the period from 1957 to 1968 there were at least four documented conducted nuclear tests.
It is located in the 51st quadrant of the military air base “Nellis”, hence the name “Area 51”.
Among the main activities in the area are designing, creating new aircraft and test flights, as well as learning foreign military aircraft, helicopters and weapons.
5:Wright Patterson Air Force Base
The base’s origins begin with the establishment of Wilbur Wright Field on May 22 and McCook Field in November 1917, both established by the Army Air Service as World War I installations. McCook was used as a testing field and for aviation experiments. Wright was used as a flying field (renamed Patterson Field in 1931.) Fairfield Aviation General Supply Depot; armorers’ school, and a temporary storage depot. McCook’s functions were transferred to Wright Field when it was closed in October 1927.
The 88th Air Base Wing is commanded by Col. Cassie B. Barlow. Its Command Chief Master Sergeant is Chief Master Sergeant John M. Mazza. The Base had a total of 27,406 military, civilian and contract employees that work for the base in 2010.
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, access to the operations center is available via State Route 601 (also called Blueridge Mountain Road) in Bluemont, Virginia. The facility is located near Berryville, 77 km from Washington, DC.
The site was originally opened as a weather station in the late 1800s. It was used as a Civilian Public Service facility (Camp # 114) during World War II. At that time there were just two permanent buildings on the site: the administration / dormitory building, and the laboratory. Those buildings still stand, supplemented by many more modern buildings.
The underground facility within Mount Weather, designated “Area B”, was completed in 1959. FEMA established training facilities on the mountain’s surface (“Area A”) in 1979.